About Us

Odyssey Educational Foundation is a Non-Governmental and Not-for-profit organisation premised on the concept of Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).

Goal

To make Africa a knowledge economy rather than service economy, with a special focus on Nigeria To equip the African girl child with 21st century skills To increase by 30 % the participation of girls in STEM education by 2023.

OBJECTIVES OF TECHNOVATION

To offer girls around the world the opportunity to learn the skills needed to emerge as tech entrepreneurs and leaders in today’s world. To increase the participation of girls/women in STEM education with our customized programs. To bridge the gap between women & girls in technology To acquire and engage girls with the 21st century skills.

THE BIG IDEA

Odyssey Educational Foundation is one that has adopted a Curriculum designed to promote information & technology literacy, problem-solving using critical thinking, and decision-making skills necessary for all individuals to compete in the 21st century global economy and education. Our courses enhance students' conceptual understanding, procedural knowledge and student centric skills. Very importantly, we leverage on Technology in the deployment of these programs which really facilitates learning and makes understanding functional.

Background Information

Odyssey Educational Foundation strives in every positive means to help build a nation where Children can face the challenges ahead of them.

Odyssey as an organization is committed to the improvement of the living standard of Nigerians in general with special interest in the educational sector. We undertake activities in a wide range of areas in education, and they include: Training of teachers, Development of STEM Programs and its Implementation, Women Empowerment, Gender Equality, and Quality Education for the girl child, Child abuse and Domestic Violence prevention mechanism and eradication.

Odyssey Educational Foundation was formed in 2013 with a strong team that cut across the entire profession in the field of STEAM education with a mission to making Nigeria a knowledge- based economy rather than a service economy.

Odyssey Foundation has from inception, successfully reached out to over 8,600 STEM trained students with 80% of this figure coming from the public schools in FCT-Abuja, Enugu, PortHarcourt, Niger and Kogi states respectively while the remaining 20% are from private schools that signed up for our programs.

We operate in Abuja-FCT, Niger-Minna, River-PortHarcourt, Enugu-Enugu, Anambra-Onitsha and Imo-Owerri Kogi-Lokoja, with our head office in Abuja, all working to empower and champion STEM for our target groups.

We are guided by our core values to giving an African child the power to create and share ideas through STEM education via Robotics, Technovation, Coding and Scratch programing.